As a small business, you can sometimes feel like a tiny island floating in the middle of a vast ocean. But you're actually part of an archipelago – and we want to help you connect with your neighbouring islands by building bridges of communication and collaboration.
We have decided to undertake a very audacious task: Map out the Micro & SMEs to better understand the ecosystem.
You may ask why?
Because our society celebrates unicorns - magical animals that don’t exist - instead of focusing on the real engine of our society: the small and medium enterprises that have been around for a long time, contributing financially and socially to the economy.
In 2020, SMEs accounted for 63% of the added value and 71% of employment in the business economy. The share of the SME sector in the total turnover is also high, making Micro and SMEs a vital factor in economic growth.
So, let's change the conversation.
Let's feature small and medium enterprises!
We can do that by placing small and medium enterprises at the centre of our economy and working together!
SPIN Idea's goal is to:
1. Map out the Micro & SMEs to better understand the ecosystem - though this research
2. Facilitate business interactions and possible business collaborations - during the ONS events
3. Ensure business growth for Micro & SMEs - through our community
(in the Netherlands or looking to move to the Netherlands)
What do the Micro and SMEs get out of this?
- Support from the SPIN Community
- Business contacts and opportunities
- Acknowledgement for contribution to society, economy and planet.
To achieve this, we need your help. Nominate an enterprise to be featured. If you are one, apply using the form below.
Not sure if the company you have in mind is the right fit? We are looking for:
- Zebra companies
- Neurodivergent founders
- Works to achieve sustainable growth
- Supports either one or all of the following: people, purpose, planet, profit
- Not seeking a quick exit from the company
- Embraces collaboration rather than competition and market monopoly
- Practices open-mindedness, values curiosity, facilitates innovation, focuses on growth, takes action, learns through iterations and experimentation
- Values creating change beyond profit and has an abundance mindset
- Stands for diversity, equity and inclusion
- In business for a minimum of 3 years
- Has several stakeholders - employees, contractors, partners, etc.
- Has consistent revenue
Feature an enterprise and share the form with your network!
Let’s build and grow together!